Tems And Condition For Interestate Moves
Terms & Conditions – Moving Mates Our Terms and Conditions are in place to ensure that all parties involved in the moving process know what their responsibilities are, and so the move will go as planned and that no misunderstandings may occur on the given moving date. They are in place to ensure that the provided information is accurate so the correct size vehicle, number of movers and the correct tools are required to be able to conduct the move as agreed. Please note that Interstate Removals is not a common carrier and will contract work to its trusted network of carriers.
1. QUOTATION, & ORDER & INSURANCE
- 1.1 All customers must obtain their own insurance against damage or loss of their goods and by agreeing with Moving Mates Terms & Conditions the customer knows and understands NO insurance is included.
- 1.2 The Customer shall be deemed to have accepted the Quotation by placing an order in writing with the Supplier (“the Order”) within the period specified in Clause 3.1.
- 1.3 All Orders for Goods and Services shall be deemed to be acceptance of the Quotation pursuant to these Terms and Conditions.
- 1.4 The quoted price may change or additional charges may apply if any of the following have not been taken into account when preparing the quotation:-
- 1.5 If at the time of the move it is found that the move is different to the information you have supplied via your online Quotation request, the Removal Contractors may charge an additional amount to cover the cost of additional time and labour.
- 1.6 If you self certify the size of your move by completing an inventory checklist and on the day of the move it is found that items have been omitted from the quote then additional charges may be applied at the discretion of the removal company.
- 1.7 If you do not accept the quotation within 30 days from the Quotation date.
- 1.8 By reason of your delay, the removal is not carried out within 3 months of the date of the acceptance of the Quotation.
- 1.9 If the move is carried out on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holiday, which was not previously agreed when the Quotation was calculated.
- 1.10 The Removal Contractor has to supply any additional services, previously not included in the quotation, such as disconnecting appliances, dismantling furniture, or storing additional items not previously included in the quotation.
- 1.11 Should access to the property be not as described, and will not allow free movement of the goods without the need of alterations or hire of additional equipment, or the access to the property be not suitable for the Removal Vehicle to get within 20 metres of the doorway, and as a result the removal Contractors have to do additional work not included in the Quotation.
- 1.12 Any charges incurred for parking, toll roads, congestion fees, or any other charges levied by the government for transportation of goods from the current property to the new property.
2. WORK NOT INCLUDED IN THE QUOTATION
- 2.1 Unless agreed in writing by the Removal Contractor, they will not, as part of the quoted removal services:
- 2.2 Disconnect or reconnect appliances, fixtures, fittings or equipment
- 2.3 Take up or lay fitted carpet or floor coverings.
- 2.4 Dismantle or assemble unit or system furniture, fitments or fittings.
- 2.5 Move storage heaters, unless they are dismantled.
- 2.6 Move items from a loft or a cellar, unless properly lit and safe access is provided.
- 2.7 To move or store any items excluded in section 5.1 to 5.
- 2.8 Should the customer pay any money to the contractors on the day of the move for work carried out which does not form part of the move specification as per the booking confirmation, unless the additional work has been authorised by the supplier, or management of the contractors – prior to completion of said work, then this money is not deemed in favour of the supplier or removal contractor, and the work carried out will be charged via separate invoice.
3. RESTRICTED ITEMS NOT TO BE MOVED
- 3.1 The following items are not permitted to be removed unless previously agreed and an inventory is submitted in writing to the Suppliers and Contractors:
- 3.2 Jewellery, watches, precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins or goods or collections, prohibited or stolen items, drugs, dangerous, damaging or explosive items, including gas bottles, firearms, and ammunition.
- 3.4 Plants or goods which may cause vermin or other pest infestation.
- 3.6 Any animals and their cages, or tanks including birds or fish.
- 3.7 If you have any goods you are unsure of then please request permission to be moved by the Contractor prior to the move date.
4. OWNERSHIP OF GOODS
- By entering the contract you declare that:
- 4.1 The goods to be removed and/or stored are your own property, or
- 4.2 The person(s) who own or have an interest in them, have given you permission to make this Contract, and have been made aware of the Contract.
- You will meet any claim for damages, and any costs against the Removal Contractor if these declarations are not true.
5. PRICE AND PAYMENT
- 5.1 The price for the Goods and Services is as specified in the Quotation, and may or may not be inclusive of GST and other applicable charges as also outlined in the Quotation.
- 5.2 Payment of the price shall be in the manner specified in the Proposal.
- 5.3 Payment is required by cleared funds deposited and received by pick up date with remainder of funds to be paid and cleared by delivery date. , unless otherwise arranged with management and approved in writing.
- 5.4 You may not withhold any part of the payment, failure to finalise the balance before the move date will result in the move being postponed, cancelled, or revoked until the balance has been paid.
- 5.5 Any cancellation fees incurred due to 7.4 will be met by you.
- 5.6 We accept payment by bank transfer and cash.
- 5.7 Should payment not be received by the move date then the move may be postponed, cancelled, or revoked.
6. REMOVAL DATE
- 6.1 The date you provide us with for your move date, will complete the contract and should this date change charges if you postpone or cancel the removal will apply as per section 7.
- 6.2 All risk in the Goods shall pass to the Customer upon delivery.
7. CHARGES IF YOU POSTPONE OR CANCEL THE MOVE
- 7.1 If you postpone or cancel the move, the Removal Contractor may charge according to how much notice is given. Notification must be in writing to us at Interstate Removals.
- 7.1(a) More than 14 working days before the removal date as section 6.1 : 20 % admin fee payable
- 7.1(b) Less than 7 working days, 50% of the Removal Charge.
- 7.2 If the move is not concluded within 3 months of the date of this booking, and the customer chooses to cancel the move then 100% of the deposit will be charged. No refund is payable.
Title in the Goods shall not pass to the Customer until the Supplier has been paid in full for the Goods.
9. CUSTOMER’S OBLIGATIONS
To enable the Supplier to perform its obligations the Customer shall:
- 9.1 Co-operate with the Supplier;
- 9.2 Allow the contractors to carry out their responsibilities. Should the customer or associates assist with any aspect of the moving of items and damage is caused during assistance then no liability shall be held by the supplier or removal contractor.
- 9.3 Provide the Supplier with any information reasonably required by the Supplier, to assist with the free movement of items to be moved, and to advise of any special requirements or care of particular items.
- 9.4 Obtain all necessary permissions, parking permits, licenses and consents which may be required before the commencement of the services, the cost of which shall be the sole responsibility of the Customer; and
- 9.5 comply with such other requirements as may be set out in the Proposal or otherwise agreed between the parties.
- 9.6 Should the customer not accept the recommendations of the supplier as in section 12.1 then the items to be moved are solely moved at the risk of the customer. The contractor cannot be held liable for any damage caused whilst the item to be moved is under the supervision of the customer.
- 9.7 Should any damage be incurred then it is your responsibility to advise us, within 7 working days and provide us with photographs and a written description of the damage. Liability for damage will only be accepted if it may be proven without reasonable doubt the Removal Contractors have been negligent in the manner in which they have conducted the move.
- 9.8 It is your responsibility to ensure that your goods are adequately insured for transportation, We can arrange this for you upon request.
10. RIGHT TO HOLD THE GOODS
- 10.1 The Removal Contractor shall have the right to withhold and or dispose of some or all of the goods until you have paid for any additional costs incurred due to any conditions in section 2. All payments should be made prior to the completion of the move unless, written authorization has been provided by us.
11. GOODS IN STORAGE
- 11.1 If goods are stored by the Removal Contractor, or any other company as recommended by us, then you must provide us with a correspondence address, and contact telephone information.
- 11.2 If you do not provide and address or respond to the Removal Contractors, ours or the Storage Company’s written or telephone requests, they may publish such notices in a public newspaper in the area from which the goods were moved, all costs incurred will be charged to your account. The goods will not be released until the account has been paid in full. Additional charges will be applied for additional time in storage.
- 11.3 If after 28 days of the Removal Contractors written attempts, you do not pay the bill in full then they may sell or dispose of some or all of the goods to cover the cost of the outstanding account. Any additional proceeds will be credited to your account awaiting your instructions.
- 11.4 If you make your own arrangements to collect the goods out of storage, then they will be entitled to charge for handing them over. The Removal Contractors liability will cease upon handing over the goods.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- 12.1 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of the Supplier for death or personal injury, however the Supplier shall not be liable for any direct loss or damage suffered by the Customer howsoever caused, as a result of any negligence, breach of contract or otherwise in excess of the price for the Goods and Services.
- 12.2 Upon completion of the survey by the removal contractor, recommendations shall be made to dismantle any furniture which may be damaged during transit due to excess size, weight or potential difficulties in movement. It is the responsibility of the supplier to inform the customer of such requirements.
- 12.3 The Supplier shall not be liable under any circumstances to the Customer or any third party for any indirect or consequential loss of profit, consequential or other economic loss suffered by the Customer howsoever caused, as a result of any negligence, breach of contract, misrepresentation or otherwise.
- 12.4 Our responsibility for your move ends upon your acceptance of the completion of your move, and/or a subsequent 7 days have elapsed from the completion date of your move, without any written contact from the customer.
- 12.5 The supplier holds no liability for loss or damage to customer’s property unless the supplier conducted the move. The liability shall be held with the removal contractors. Liability may only be extended if instruction is given by the supplier to move an items resulting in damage to said item.
13. FORCE MAJEURE
Neither party shall be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a natural source of supply, and the party shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations.
If any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if these Terms and Conditions had been agreed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision eliminated.
15. GOVERNING LAW
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Australia and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Australian courts.